9.29.2009

Old Grandma Footrest - Rehabilitated!

What? Two rehabilitated projects in one week?! aaaand I actually have one more project that I'm planning on finishing in the next few days too. Yup. I was busy this weekend.

A friend of mine had this footstool, let's call her Grandma Footrest, she is depressed and in need of some attention. It looks like she might have been attacked by a pit bull at some point, plus her outfit is sooo not fabulous, I decided to help her out.

Grandma is going to mostly be used by a three year old named Christian so he can reach the bathroom sink to brush his teeth. It will be kept in the master bedroom (of a bachelor pad). I covered the stripped-down footrest with new cushion, chose a masculine pattern for the bachelors and a fabric that will hold up to a rompin' 3-year-old for years.


I painted the legs a glossy black to match the rest of the furniture in the bedroom...and because I've been dying to paint something glossy black, don't ask me why. I also found this gorgeous, sturdy upholstery grade fabric, perfect! Now that's gonna make for a nice bachelor pad accessory, wouldn't you say? Classy.


Oh and see that set of shiny, square pillows on the chair? They are going to be given away in a few weeks, I'll post details soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin